CCTV Cameras

Sponsored Links
FFS Its 12v power supply they come in all shapes and configurations …why on the electrical forum is everything a big song and dance ….?

FFS Its 12v power supply they come in all shapes and configurations …why on the electrical forum is everything a big song and dance ….?
... perhaps because the OP is having a big problem in understanding how to connect his 12V PSU to the two (polarity marked) power input terminals on his camera?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
It seems quite apparent you haven't read the thread, I don't believe there is a song and dance here, hasn't even been spoilt by our resident joker.

The thread is running just as designed, to assist someone asking for advise.

Very useful... previousely suggested.
True. My only reservation about that, which I have also mentioned previously, is that if he cuts the plug off, the OP could well then find himself with some very iffy (perhaps 'tiny') conductors that he could well struggle to connect to the terminals of his cameras. Even an 'adapter' would require him to be able to somehow interface it with his cameras.

Kind Regards, John

I have wired the AC wires to a 3 pin plug then I have cut the ends off of the plug tested with multimeter wired it up to camera. The 3 lights came on the camera so we know the camera powers up.

Next job is to connect camera to TV via coax cable. have an old coax cable with fitting for TV end but I dont have a fitting for the camera so will have to weight until it fairs up out side and I can go to the hardware store for one

True. My only reservation about that, which I have also mentioned previously, is that if he cuts the plug off, the OP could well then find himself with some very iffy (perhaps 'tiny') conductors that he could well struggle to connect to the terminals of his cameras. Even an 'adapter' would require him to be able to somehow interface it with his cameras.

Kind Regards, John
Making the wires twice as long (or even 3 times) and then folding them over and twisting them and maybe even soldering them should work hear

Making the wires twice as long (or even 3 times) and then folding them over and twisting them and maybe even soldering them should work hear
Youi have to play it by ear. There's always going to be some solution but, as I've said, one often finds oneself faced with (sometimes 'tiny') 'wires' that are quite difficult to deal with when one cuts a lead such as that one.

Good luck!

Kind Regards, John

Well done for getting this far ;)

Next job is to connect camera to TV via coax cable. have an old coax cable with fitting for TV end
What sort of 'coax' cable do you have for your TV and what connection do you intend to use on the TV?

As we have mentioned before, you need a composite video connection, or a SCART socket on your TV.
Just to be clear, you won't get a picture if you plug the camera into the antenna socket! :)

If you are unsure, post a pic of your TV connections and coax lead.

Well done for getting this far ;)

What sort of 'coax' cable do you have for your TV and what connection do you intend to use on the TV?

As we have mentioned before, you need a composite video connection, or a SCART socket on your TV.
Just to be clear, you won't get a picture if you plug the camera into the antenna socket! :)

If you are unsure, post a pic of your TV connections and coax lead.
I was quite convinced that the coax adapter fitting found on the camera would connect to a domestic TV via a cable

Attachments

• camera.JPG
    camera.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 27

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back