CCTV Cameras

I was quite convinced that the coax adapter fitting found on the camera would connect to a domestic TV via a cable

No, the BNC plug, the round socket, fitted with two short tiny pegs, is 1v peak to peak video. An ordinary very basic TV has a Belling Lee socket on the rear which is for a modulated RF TV ariel signal. It might have also have Scart socket and/ or yellow Phono socket, either of which will accept the 1v PtoP from the camera. If all you have is the Belling Lee socket, then you will need something more than a simple cable - the usual solution used to be an RF modulator, for an old fashioned analogue TV - if you have such a thing, or even a dual standard analogue, digital TV?

Sponsored Links
- the usual solution used to be an RF modulator, for an old fashioned analogue TV - if you have such a thing, or even a dual standard analogue, digital TV?
It fortunately (for me, since I use analogue distribution of the output of my Sky box all over my house), it seems that, for whatever reason, virtually all (now all digital) TVs still come with analogue tuners. Although I'm pleased about that (for the above reason), I'm not really sure why it is the case!!

However, I doubt that the OP will have a modulator, so that might not help him - he's more likely to be in luck with some sort of video input on his TV.

Kind Regards, John

I though I would upload a photo of the back of my TV
So coax to coax no good then?

Attachments

• IMGA0279.JPG
    IMGA0279.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 60
I though I would upload a photo of the back of my TV ... So coax to coax no good then?
No - but with a bit of fiddling, you might be able to get the video from camera into that SCART socket (the big multi-pin thingy).

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
You will need a scart adaptor …..a phono lead ….and a BNC to phono adaptor ….this is all assuming that the bnc output is composite out ….it MAY NOT !

As above…..but you may be wasting your money ….

Attachments

• 4CAFB4E4-2AF3-442C-B50E-C9F19FD70F2A.png
    4CAFB4E4-2AF3-442C-B50E-C9F19FD70F2A.png
    681.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 965616D2-E8C0-4D3B-B937-16778CE8AB8B.png
    965616D2-E8C0-4D3B-B937-16778CE8AB8B.png
    867.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 6BC56F12-3FDB-4262-A4D1-F878F860213A.png
    6BC56F12-3FDB-4262-A4D1-F878F860213A.png
    1 MB · Views: 37
It fortunately (for me, since I use analogue distribution of the output of my Sky box all over my house), it seems that, for whatever reason, virtually all (now all digital) TVs still come with analogue tuners. Although I'm pleased about that (for the above reason), I'm not really sure why it is the case!!

Yep, the very modern TV's are built to be used world wide and include both analogue and digital, but there was a period when only digital sets were sold.

You will need a scart adaptor …..a phono lead ….and a BNC to phono adaptor ….this is all assuming that the bnc output is composite out ….it MAY NOT !
I thought we'd established it is Composite Video

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back