Ceiling Light Fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
F6FF6F76-1B37-411D-86FA-6DC4A5E8FB96.jpeg
Hello,

I am trying to replace a light fitting with a traditional pendant fitting and lampshade. I have taken the old fitting off and have found a Rayuan EN-80a transformer wired up as in the photo. How do I wire up the pendant with the wires shown?

Thank you

Philip

Sponsored Links
Have you looked in the Wiki?

The Black with Red sleeve should be switched live so the Live/Brown of your pendant should connect to this (or via the Ceiling rose if you're installing one). Where does it go to or is it straight into the transformer? Is there an Earth of any description? What light exactly are you fitting, is it Metal?

Thanks for the reply. There is an earth and I realise that the black with the red sleeve should go to the live. The two plain black wires are twisted together. I am fitting a three quid plastic pendant from B and Q.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back