ceiling pendant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I replaced two horrible candelabra things hanging from my living room ceiling with simple pendants. As I understand it, there should normally be wires coming out of the cieling, but I just had screw connectors, so I had to take the wires out of the pendants and put them in the ceiling. I wired them both exactly the same, and they worked at first.

However, after about two hours, one just went off by itself. Tried the lightbulb in a different room to see if it was fused, but it works. The fuse on the main board is not tripped. I've opened up the switch, but everything seems fine in there. I've even tried opening it up again and replacing it with a third pendant but it still won't work. The other one still works fine.

Any ideas what I might have overlooked?

Sponsored Links
Look at the connections in the other one. The feed to the dodgy one may be via a now loose connection in the one that is still working

OK, looked at it, uninstalled it, reinstalled it, didn't fix the problem unfortunately. Still got one good one and one that refuses to work.

Any other ideas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back