Ceiling rose problem

Sponsored Links
Yep.

One never glows unless I touch the earth, the other two glow unless I touch the earth.

Of the two which glow when I don't touch earth, one changes glow when the switch is flicked on/off.

always touch the earth, have you got one which changes when you operate switch

Sponsored Links
One which is solid on changes slightly when switch is flicked.

One flickers when switch is flicked (But nothing once it's done)

One I get nothing at all.

All done holding earth.

the one that changes slightly does it get weaker when switch is off and brighter when switch is on

great put this black with the live of your light fitting the other two blacks go to the neutral of your light fitting then power up and all should be ok

Same as before - dimmer in living room controls kitchen (As does kitchen).

right one cable must be wrong trail and error power down swap one of the blacks over leave wall switch on in kitchen it may trip breaker if you mark which one you swapped if its wrong you will know its the other. so, take one of the blacks out ( where you have two and swap with the single black)

Fantastic - it works like a dream. not too mention put a big smile on my wifes face.

Cheers fireman, thanks for your help and all your patience.

congratz on the baby, glad to be of help. just looked lots of looks at your post not many replys tho. have you tried all the switches ( kitchen living room ) dare i ask
paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back