Ceiling Rose Size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has the standard size of a ceiling rose changed sometime in the last 30 years, since my house was built? The screw cover of the one in my garage, part of a pendant fitting, has been cracked for while now, after being accidently struck by a ladder (fortunately, an old wooden one, and not a conductive alumimium ladder). I popped down to the local DIY store and bought a replacement, but it is too big - the diameter of the new one is much bigger than the existing one. I visited 2 other DIY stores, and they only seem to stock the big size, and dont have one the same size as the existing rose.

Sponsored Links
The size of ceiling rose do vary, I suspect by manufacturer, if you cannot replace the complete rose you need to find out what make yours is.

i beleive at one stage there were smaller roses designed for single cable feed situations only but theese don't seem to be arround anymore.

unless there is some big reason not to i'd advise you to just replace the entire rose especially as you've already bought a replacement.

Sponsored Links
They used to be much smaller back in t'day ;)

IMGP1924.jpg

IMGP1925.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back