ceiling rose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my son has bought a new house and most of the ceiling lights are hanging cord type battens
the one in the hall is a sort of total unit
he wants to fit a flush light in place of the hall unit
i take out the bulb and remove the skirt and then screw off the part covering the ceiling fixing and observe an integrated or fitted unit to the rose..removeable?

or is this a case of removing it all and doing the job with chocks in the fitting void
or is there some way to tap into the necessary lighting circuit without going that route
i was hoping we could fit the flush unit with the rose in place after wrangling the bracket to hold the flush unit behind the ceiling fixing...?:eek:o_O
wishing you all a good christmas
cheers
geof

Sponsored Links
Anything can be discovered, anything is possible.
There are lots of sorts of total units. And a myriad of ways that a attaches to b to make a whole unit.
A photo of the thing would help, then may be more help.

Anything can be discovered, anything is possible.
There are lots of sorts of total units. And a myriad of ways that a attaches to b to make a whole unit.
A photo of the thing would help, then may be more help.

thanks...i have been googling those items and there does seem to be loads at all sorts of prices
tomorrow i can go back up to his place and dismantle it and send photos
the reason i hesitated from trying to remove any more as the part taking the bulb seemed to be a module attached to the rose by....my guess either mechanical fixings or an integrated unit..
happy for your reply TTC...have you read the book??
cheers
geof

wont be long now old cap!!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
have you read the book??
He wrote it.

It started off about there being a giant monster living in the river, in central London.

Investigators found out that it was actually a giant German sausage, so he began his account:

It was the beast of Thames, it was the wurst of Thames...

Karma Sutra, The Joy of Sex, BS7671?

Yes to all. Some more than others …
Oh that brings back memories, I worked for the library service as one of my jobs, so could get access into the book stack, with my wife, however we could not get books out, we had to write down the number and then ask for the book in local library writing out the number only, my wife was studying sociology at the time, so very close to sex section, I was about 22 and as usual the card came, your books are ready for collection, I went to collect them only to be told they knew about the small rip in the cover of The Joy of Sex and I should not worry about it, I am sure my face was a picture, I had no idea she had ordered it, however must admit more interesting than BS7671.

I worked for the library service as one of my jobs, so could get access into the book stack
You need a head for heights for that in some libraries.

old+library+cincinnati.jpg

I think Keith Richards suffered some injury falling from a ladder in his library, causing disruption to a Stones tour.

Not a very rock n roll injury :)

He wrote it.

It started off about there being a giant monster living in the river, in central London.

Investigators found out that it was actually a giant German sausage, so he began his account:

It was the beast of Thames, it was the wurst of Thames...

:whistle:

that is a bit liverish old chap...one must swim in the thames to appreciate the flavour...
above teddington that is..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back