Cement mixer - car boot?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

I'm looking at hiring a cement mixer. According to the gentleman on HSS' live chat, it'll fit in a car boot if the seats fold down.

Now admittedly it's been a few years since I've stood next to a mixer, but I would've thought it'd be a little too tall to fit in a car, even with the seats down? (I've got a Vectra, so it's not exactly a small car).

Anyone had any experience with this?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
It depends on what model the mixer is!

I've got a "Walker Mixer" which fits in the boot.

Got a belle 150 and that easily went in the back of an Audi A4 estate with the seats down

Sponsored Links
I bought a 120 ltr electric mixer which stands 5 feet tall on its stand. It was easy to disassemble the stand/wheels (4 bolts/nuts) and the parts fit in my Mondeo no problem (might even have got away with not folding the back seats down).
Far cheeper to buy one from Gumtree and re-sell it after you've finished (might even make a small profit! :)

Have you actually looked at it?
http://www.hss.com/hire/p/concrete-mixer-tip-up-110v

If it comes off the stand then it should easily fit in a car.

This is the one I was looking at. I was just concerned that the drum would not fit into the car (I overestimated the size of it).

Thanks for the advice all. As it turns out, a friend with a van has a cement mixer that they've lent to me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back