cement mixer problem

M

marsaday

i bought a mixer on ebay (new). it is a silverline one and i used it for one day. the next day it wouldnt start and so i hired one in. turns out the small gear has shattered.

silverline said post it to them for a new one. i said i just need a new gear and gasket. they are not interested in sending me the part because they do not deal with any parts. if they were happy to pay the postage i would have sent it down to them. it is just such a waste. the company is absolutley crap and i will never be buying their tools again.

has anybody had a similar experience.

Sponsored Links
You get what you pay for with a lot of things.
Can you not return it to the dealer you bought it from.?

Edit- just read bought from ebay bit :oops:

The give away is when it says "Silverline" on the box. :rolleyes:

The problem with all these cheap Chinese mechanical tools is that they all look sturdy and OK, but always, without exception, there is a main part - a cog, spindle, pin, shaft etc which is made from poor quality material and basically unfit for the strains it will experience.

So the part fails and the whole machine is then knackered.

You're much better looking out for a second-hand Belle or Bar-o-mix mixer.

If you have bought it new, then get the seller to take it back and refund. If he won't, then open a dispute

our belle is ancient. there is a crack on the gearbox housing so it leaks oil.

it will not die.

we are on the second drum.

awesome mixers. ;)

Sponsored Links
they ceratinly are. Ive also got a larger honda petrol one thats been standing in my yard redundent for two years. We tried to start it up a few months ago. Started first time, even with the old petrol in!

i dont think the ebay seller will do much. can you make a dispute once the feedback has been given?

as for silverline. i pursued them last week and was firmly told "we cant do anything for you". the gear box was opened and so this invalidates the warranty.

I will NEVER buy a silverline product again. there stuff is poor quality and they have no customer service.

and they have no customer service.

But you said

i pursued them last week and was firmly told "we cant do anything for you". the gear box was opened and so this invalidates the warranty.

yes it was not what you wanted to hear, and yes it is a peice of cheap junk, but you did open the gear box, which invalidates the waranty.

I am nothing to do with them, but you are giving a bad impression about the customer service.

I used to work for Hotpoint, people would abuse the m/c and say it was the m/c fault when it clearly wasnt. You dont wash knives in a w/m, but i found one. you are supposed to check the pockets before anything goes in, the list of coins and washers, screw etc is endless.

reading the instructions as to what you should and should not do saves grief.

But that said, you do get what you pay for.

silverline tools are ****e. I used a cold chisel the other day which split with the first hit

i didnt want to send it down to them at my expense if i could have repaired it. the gear box needed to be opened up to see if this was possible. all it needs is a tiny gear. cost a couple of quid. i am going to try and get a gear machined up. dont know if that is possible.

Silverline is crap. i want to start a campaign. i know the mixer is cheap, but it should be expected to last more than one bloody day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back