Central Heating Problems

Configuration is all ok, Expansion, cold feed, pump.
There's certainly a pipe rising from a tee on the flow, and there's certainly another pipe rising from another tee between that first tee and the pump, but how have decided which is which? :confused:

I have never, and would never, install such an inefficient mess.
It's certainly a mess, but what do you think is making it "inefficient"?

Sponsored Links

the use of 2x valves ...the position of the pump ... the way the flow and returns are arranged ....where is the expansion pipe ? I can't work out what is what in that picture but I would design a system differently in fact I wouldn't fit such a crude system these days . I doubt any qualified heating engineer would.

the use of 2x valves...
... is correct for an S plan, and no less efficient than a Y plan.

the position of the pump ...
... is on the flow. Again, no less efficient than putting it anywhere else.

the way the flow and returns are arranged ....
They're either correct or they're incorrect. I don't see where efficiency comes into this.

where is the expansion pipe ?
I don't know why you're asking me - there isn't enough information to know yet.

I would design a system differently in fact I wouldn't fit such a crude system these days.
I suppose you're saying that S plans are no longer installed. I don't know why you're saying it, but you're wrong.

the use of 2x valves ...the position of the pump ... the way the flow and returns are arranged ....where is the expansion pipe ? I can't work out what is what in that picture but I would design a system differently in fact I wouldn't fit such a crude system these days . I doubt any qualified heating engineer would.

i dont think you know what your talking about.

ov & cf appear to tee in just before the pump.

granted the valves may need turning around & no bypass evident.

other than that no major visible fault.

Sponsored Links
There is no need to make personal insults.
Nobody's being insulting - it definitely looks as though you don't know what you're talking about, and you're evading all questions.

Until the OP reports back, I will reserve judgement on whether the vent and cold fill are the correct way round. Unlike some I do not have x-ray eyes, well certainly not ones that work across the internet :rolleyes:

Although possible, it would be unusual for a cold fill to be in 22mm/3/4" on a system that appears to be the age of the original pipe work on this pic.

There is no need to make personal insults.
Nobody's being insulting - it definitely looks as though you don't know what you're talking about, and you're evading all questions.

I'm not evading questions softus. I am just ignoring you. I come on here to offer such advice and assistence that I am able, to others. I am sometimes wrong and can make mistakes the same as anyone else I am not infalable.

I do not know what is wrong with the OP's system because I am unable to see all of the connections and layout and electrical schematic. As a former CH designer and installer from what I can see it is a very crudely designed system which I could not commend.

I have already seen evidence twice this week of how you make personal attacks on other members and how insulting you can be
so I'm sure that you will understand why I am blocking your posts

Now lets try to keep the thread helpful and on track shall we ;)

fighting-230.GIF

I think we know how you would install a system....on a boiler replacement.......

.....about a days work to remove existing boiler and fit new and commission it barring problems or difficult access problems.

Throw in the towel now :rolleyes:

I'm not evading questions softus.
Clearly you are.

I am just ignoring you.
Clearly you aren't.

I come on here to offer such advice and assistence that I am able, to others. I am sometimes wrong and can make mistakes the same as anyone else I am not infalable.
Why do you make so many mistakes?

I do not know what is wrong with the OP's system because I am unable to see all of the connections and layout and electrical schematic. As a former CH designer and installer from what I can see it is a very crudely designed system which I could not commend.
Is it not crudely designed. It merely has some old pipework.

It's an S plan system, and evidently has reasonable new components, evidently installed correctly (subject to confirmation of MZV orientation) - it even has a cylinder thermostat at what appears to be the correct eight, which is quite rare in pictures we see of malfunctioning systems.

If you think the design of an S plan system is crude, then frankly I don't believe that you used to design and install CH systems. I'm actually struggling to believe that you know anything about S plan systems.

If you can't diagnose a problem remotely, by working with what you are told and by building up a picture of the system, then you can't give any useful advice, and if you can't do that then you shouldn't be here.

I have already seen evidence twice this week of how you make personal attacks on other members and how insulting you can be
so I'm sure that you will understand why I am blocking your posts
I've posted no attack upon you, or issued any insults in your direction.

If you find my opinion insulting, then so be it. It isn't meant as an insult. If you don't like it, then stop behaving exactly like someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

Now lets try to keep the thread helpful and on track shall we ;)
Claiming that something is shoddy and inefficient does nothing to help. Frankly, I think you're doing it to make it look as though you know what you're talking about, when you actually don't. And I'm not the only person who thinks so.

I think we know how you would install a system....on a boiler replacement.......

.....about a days work to remove existing boiler and fit new and commission it barring problems or difficult access problems.

Throw in the towel now :rolleyes:

how long do you string out a boiler replacement for ? 3x days :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I used to be able to install a complete system and commission it ion 3x days

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back