Certification. How long?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
Had notifiable work done by NICEIC registered electrician. How long should it take for paperwork to arrive?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
The electrician could write it out there and then or (as I do) go home and do you a nice printed one; in which case it could be a couple of days plus postage, if far away. He should have told you, though.

Then there is the notice from NICEIC which, I think, will be about four weeks.

Depends on how well office-disciplined the sparky is. I've had some within the same week, on others I've had to chase and it took up about six months.

My current one does his certs once a week or so, depending on load.

Sponsored Links
The NICEIC have a 28 calender day limit from completion of the work, plus you could be looking at another wedge of time on top of that depending on the speed of your local authority.

Had one job I notified (on the day of completion) yet it took 6 weeks to get the final cert. The LABC had the NICEIC notification within a week, but didn't issue their cert for another 5 weeks.

I issue mine after the money is in my account :D and notify at the same time.

The Part P bit from NICEIC seem to take 3-4 weeks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back