registered competant person

IMO Bin him & get someone else. If you dont trust him at this stage, how could you trust in th work he will be doing?

Sponsored Links
seems like this sparks has given you by far the cheapest quote you would love to use him but you but you want your cake and eat it WHAT IS PART P 5 DAY COURSE never picked up a screwdriver and your DISQ you have been happy with him in the past probably cos he has been cheap your such a cautios person why dont you call niceic and get a quote from them ask for dave austin or tony c stuff part p

Being with one of the other schemes I don`t know for sure how the NIC do it and I know that not all DIs are on the web based register but You should be able to ask for a card or a certificate of registration or a registration number to identify him by and then confirm with the NIC.
My initial thoughts are "Mmm sounds a bit fishy"

seems like this sparks has given you by far the cheapest quote you would love to use him but you but you want your cake and eat it
If he hasn't eaten it by now it will be desperately stale after 2½ years...

WHAT IS PART P 5 DAY COURSE
I can't see that mentioned anywhere - why are you asking what it is?

never picked up a screwdriver and your DISQ
That doesn't make sense - what's it supposed to mean?

you have been happy with him in the past probably cos he has been cheap your such a cautios person why dont you call niceic and get a quote from them
Why not? How about because they don't quote for doing electrical installation work, as they are a trade organisation not a contracting business.

ask for dave austin or tony c
Are they employees of NICEIC?

stuff part p
Please do not advise people to break the law,

Sponsored Links
Heard about this ETE thing before, IT IS JUST BULL S H 1 T E. He may be using tyour job as his assessment work, if so he should have told you this.

I suspect he has no intention of becoming a registered competent person, ditch him and look on

www.competentperson.co.uk
and remember there are others other than NICEIC, NAPIT have ID cards and carry them with them, are dated for the period as well

I am registered niceic, never heard of it.

i'm registered through Napit and i have never heard of this either.

if he has taken part p he will have at least 2 certificates to verify this (mine is 5 pages!) including the training companies and EAL front sheets

hi mate i have read your query with much interest.
looked at your original message and you state " he says hes been registered for 14 months"
it just does,nt add up, and its not a good start to a job is it?
trust your own judgement but i know what i would do

ps don,t know how to highlight quotes yet

"if he has taken part p he will have at least 2 certificates to verify this (mine is 5 pages!) "

Could you clarify this a little please, I`m not sure what it means,

Regards,
Ebee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back