registered competant person

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to use an electrician who has carried out work for me with no problems. This work is notifiable and he says he is NICEIC part P registered. Being cautious I have tried to varify his registration by both his name and bussiness name.says he has been registered for about 14 months. Could someone point me to the correct site to look on and also do NICEIC keep their register of part P approved people up to date.Do electricians have a card/certificate as do CORGI people
Many thanks in anticipation of your replies.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
As above a sparks doesn't have to be NICEIC registered although they are the most well known - whether they are the best is often debated. NAPIT provide photo ID cards to their members who are registered under Part P with them. I presume the other competent person bodies do as well.

Thanks for all your replies guys , have checked he is not shown on NICEIC register or part P competant persons listing. I have challenged him and he said he is waiting for an E.T.E. number (electrical test equipment number) is this feasable or is it b--ls.I want to use this guy but I like to do things right and doubts are growing please lets have your thoughts. many thanks

karter said:
... he says he is NICEIC part P registered. ...

was he telling the truth that time?

What about next time?

karter said:
Thanks for all your replies guys , have checked he is not shown on NICEIC register or part P competant persons listing. I have challenged him and he said he is waiting for an E.T.E. number (electrical test equipment number) is this feasable or is it b--ls.I want to use this guy but I like to do things right and doubts are growing please lets have your thoughts. many thanks

Load of balls.

If in doubt, phone the NICEIC and ask them. I must admit I have never heard of an E.T.E. number (although I work in Industry), maybe some of the NICEIC lads on here can enlighten us?

Check with the NICEIC by all means but, in all fairness he may be waiting for his assessment visit. He may want to use your job.

Then if there's a problem it will cost him.

Never heard of ETE though

If he is awaiting NICEIC assessment then I'd have thought as he isn't currently registered he will need to use the LABC route though :confused:

There's something like the chicken and egg scenario emerging here.

I see your point though spark 123, just ask the guy what's going on.

Challenge him over this ETE business though.

Spark123 said:
If in doubt, phone the NICEIC and ask them. I must admit I have never heard of an E.T.E. number (although I work in Industry), maybe some of the NICEIC lads on here can enlighten us?

I am registered niceic, never heard of it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back