Certification & Training

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know nothing about the certifications required to allow heating engineers to work on different boiler "platforms", so the following assumptions may be wildly wrong.

I'm assuming that there are different certificates required to service/repair different types of boilers in order for the installer to pass on the benefit of a warranty and possibly even comply with gas safe registers. If that is true?, is there like a basic qualification for gas safe/install etc and then a possible hierarchy of skills/learning/ accreditation that might exist? If so can anyone point me at this or list some examples?

e.g.
  • Junior heating engineer - basic gas safe, can work on x, y z in domestic but not ABC or commercial 123
  • senior heating engineer - advanced gas safe, can work on xyz in domestic and abc
  • principal heating engineer - all certs etc..
Obviously I'm making it up, but I'm working with a company that is looking to create an Uber like app for independent installers, but they are anticipating a need for different skill sets to do different jobs. The aim is that an AI chat bot will classify the job and advertise it by location only to those skilled to do it.

thanks for any insight.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Back