Certify My Extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I work in A/C and am the duty holder/qual supervisor for any electrical work carried out. my firm holds approved contractor status with NICEIC (defined scope) but on the back of that we have full Domestic Scheme approval. I hold 17edition and 2391 etc.
I am currently doing a garage conversion on my own house and will install new circuits for lighting and socket outlets etc. The conversion is being done properly with building regs approval etc. I want to install the electricals myself and will use my firms details on the certs etc and send it all off via the NICEC website for a BCO certificate. My question is can I work and certify on my own home? I cant see any reason why not but worth asking. I suppose I could ask the NIC but I know you lot will answer quicker so thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Of course you can, assuming your boss allows you to cert it.

I have done this a few times my self for jobs at home and for the family.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back