CH Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, my girlfriends parents have a combi boiler, they have rad valves on all rads, I go in there at night and the place is always boiling, the boiler is on the go 24/7 they do not have a room stat, can anyone in PLAIN English explain why they need a room stat as I am blue in the teeth trying to explain to them they need one, and can you explain the savings on gas bills if stat fitted please
Regards
Steve

Sponsored Links
apart from it being a regulation.
give them better control over the temp of the rooms and the boiler running when not needed.
also fit trv's to the rads.

yes they may have trv's but the boiler won't know that, so will just keep running.
if you have trv's and its to hot they are not set properly then, need shutting down abit.
what number are they set to ?

Sponsored Links
They have them on full but have tried explaining to them they need a room stat but they are stuck in their ways if I can print something out they can read from a 3rd party they may listen

no they won't

people get set in their ways

especially as they get older.

my old mum had her CH with no timer, no wall stat, no TRVs. she treated it like an electric fire and switched it on and off when she felt like it :rolleyes:

daft old bat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back