Changing 2 gang socket in kitchen to 3 gang - Part P ok?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I would like to do this but is it ok with regards to Part P? I know you can change an existing socket but is increasing the socket from 2 to 3 gang ok under the rules?

Alternatively I could have another 2 gang fitted next to the existing 2 gang, but as this is a new socket I'm pretty sure that would need to be done by a qualified electrician.

The usage would be for a kettle, microwave, slow cooker (no i'm not 60+ ;) ) and a coffee maker

Thanks in advance for any advice

Sponsored Links
iirc the triple socket is fed using an integral 13A fuse, you will over load it with those three appliances if they are on simultaneously.

so do you think an extra new 2 gang socket would be the best way to go instead of increasing the existing 2 gang to 3 gang?

Sponsored Links
I guess you wouldn't use the microwave and the slow cooker at the same time, because that would cause protonic reversal.

protonic reversal.

Protonic Reversal is a still-developing containment approach to earth bound entities, whose original building blocks are none-dimensional extended objects called protons. Unlike the neutron particles in ectoplasm[1], Protonic Reversals interact in a way that is almost uniquely specified by mathematical self-consistency, forming the apparently fluid consistency of snot

Head hurts :evil:

Thanks - so adding a new 2 gang socket in the kitchen is an electricians job cos of Part P, right?

It's notifiable, so using an electrician who can self-certify would be the cheapest way of complying with the law.

protonic reversal.

Protonic Reversal is a still-developing containment approach to earth bound entities, whose original building blocks are none-dimensional extended objects called protons. Unlike the neutron particles in ectoplasm[1], Protonic Reversals interact in a way that is almost uniquely specified by mathematical self-consistency, forming the apparently fluid consistency of snot

Head hurts :evil:

Much used in Ghostbusters
viz:
Dr. Egon Spengler: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
Dr Ray Stantz: Total protonic reversal.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Right. That's bad. Okay. All right. Important safety tip. Thanks, Egon

Fantastic screenplay..... :mrgreen:

dana.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back