Changing a bathroom pull cord to a decorative chain ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just wondering if someone could please give me some advice. I've just had a new bathroom fitted with two pull cords inside it ... one for the main ceiling spotlights and the other for the fan.

I'm about to buy some pull cord handles/weights and especially like the ones that come with decorative chrome pull cords.

How easy is it to take out the old pull cord and put a new one in? Would I be able to do it, or would it be best to get an electrcian in? Any advice most welcome.

Thanks,
MimiJane

Sponsored Links
If the chain is metal, and so conductive, you aren't allowed to fix it directly to the bathroom switch. However you can tie the chain to the nylon pull cord above head height so that to the casual observer it gives the impression of being the pull.

Cut it below the plastic joiner you will see near the top (whose purpose is to allow you to change the cord length or fit a new one when old and dirty)

This is very easy. The technique is: Tie cord to chain. Cut of excess.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back