Changing a Chinese flat two pin plug to uk use

Plugs do vary slightly but if one has the line conductor as short as possible then there is no slack in it and the other two are surely bound to be looser and pulled out later.
Agreed, but that only applies to the L conductor. As plugwash said, I think BS1363 requires that the N, as well as the L, disconnect before the E - and, without playing around and trying to measure, I'm certainly not convinced that, in the photo you have posted, there is more slack in the E than in the N, is there by simple eye-balling, I would suspect that it's probably less)?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
By cutting the wires to the specified length. As EFLs pic shows the live conductor has basically a straight shot to the terminal, while the neutral and earth have loops in the which can acommodate a bit of slack. A sideways pull will also likely require more force to pull the wire out of the terminal tha a straigt one.
See my reply to EFLI. I agree in terms of the L conductor, but I think it's much less certain for the N one - as illustrated in his photo.

Kind Regards, John

I have never heard that nor see the point.
Well, BS1363:1:2016 says ...

1655834089913.png

Admittedly, the requirement is only that they "can" be wired in such a fashion - and, as I have said, I somewhat doubt that (m)any people do!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back