Changing a plug or getting it done

Well, I was sort of being sarcastic but a bit serious too.

In this country, if the polarity was reversed, you'd have the switch in the neutral.

Sponsored Links
1) Just use the adaptor, I know the static field is strong enough to hurt, but it
won't kill ya
Theese people are giving out dangerously bad advice, I would strongly reccomend avoiding them in future.

2) You can not change the plug yourself??? hahahaha
Theese people sound like arseholes to me. I would strongly reccomend avoiding them in future.

securespark said:
Au contraire, I have found the shuko plug converters to work excellently
I'm sure they work ok on most plugs but there are probablly some they don't work on (e.g. this one doesn't look like it would fit). they are far far bulkier than ordinary plugs and I wonder how well those small clips will handle use on heavy loads.

Sponsored Links
Well, I was sort of being sarcastic but a bit serious too.

In this country, if the polarity was reversed, you'd have the switch in the neutral.
I would expect modern equipment designed for use in europe and sold with a schuko plug to be designed to work properly and safely with live and neutral either way round.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back