Changing LED light's switch to a dimmer

Some push-on knobs have a springy plate on the flat bit to help retain the knob on the shaft, you may have lost it.

1664990280343.png

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
And after all that, just watched Big Clive saying we should not be using wall plate dimmers, as they damage the bulbs.

As we went to quartz halogen lamps, the wall dimmer became obsolete. The quartz lamp relies on the quartz being hot enough so the tungsten will not stick to the quartz but return to the tungsten filament, so all my dimmers were removed as we were forced to move to quartz, then compact fluorescent which also could not dim with normally wall plate, so by time the LED bulb appeared my dimming switches were long gone.

The old tungsten lamp went reddish as dimmed giving an ambulance, to get this with LED, it all needs building into the lamp, we can get "Smart" LED lamps which dim, colour temperature change, and also colour change, never worked out why we call them smart, they just have telemetry, but that telemetry allows other devices like Nest and Alexis to also control them, I have personally only tried to turn the lights on/off with voice commands, but there is a range of options
Automation.jpg
with all these options why does anyone want to return to using an obsolete wall dimmer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back