Changing Nest for Hive

Is the thinking that I need to bridge 1 and 2 (hot water off and heating off)?
No.
HW off is only used on Y plan systems with a 3 port valve.
CH off is rarely used for anything.

Gravity systems are typically old floor standing cast iron boilers with large pipes to the hot water cylinder. Circulation occurs due to convection (hot water rises). There is no pump.
Unrelated to how the hot water actually gets to the taps.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Thank you flameport. Yes it is in gravity mode (blue light), I thought I needed that as have a hot water tank?

Cheers, Andrew
No you’ll have a fully pumped system, gravity fed hot water tank only, the water isn’t heated by gravity which is what you have set it to.

Sponsored Links
So now I can confirm if I call for heat only the heating light comes on and if I call for water only the water light comes on. Happy days!

However, I still get an error message when trying to connect the thermostat to the app "too many hot water zones". I really don't understand why?

Thr Hive hub came from my last house where we did have a dual channel receiver (ground floor heating and hot water) and single channel receiver (first floor heating).

Thanks, Andrew

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back