Changing striplights to LED strips in kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thinking of changing the striplights under the kitchen wall units to LED strips. Currently i have 4 lots of striplights which have T4 tubes in them, fed by a 240v 2 pin cable. I see most of the LED strips come with a 240v 3 pin plug, is it possible to get a crossover / adapter so i can use the same power cables. Is it possible to use 1 controller for 4 separate powered striplights, i see the Philips HUE system uses phones but i would like to use the same wall switch and then use the controller for different colours.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Not all strip lighting has a plug on it. You can get the LEDs in rolls, and separate power supplies. For example, see this selection from LED Hut. Some power supplies have screw terminals which may be more suitable, otherwise you'll just need a small junction box to link the existing supply cable to the cable tail on the power supply.
For tyhis sort of strip lighting, you choose your strip, work out the total wattage based on the length you'll be installing, and then pick a power supply with at least that rating. Typically you have to solder the 12V supply wires onto the strip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back