Charity

I was trying to think of a joke that included the punchline ....must 'ave cost an arm and a leg'

But I couldn't...

:rolleyes: :oops: :D

Sponsored Links
thats the point of the tax system the better of you are
the more you pay imnot saying back to 95%
but whats wrong with 50% upper rate and
every one else pays pays 1 or 2% more
then we could do away with most of the periffery taxes
and still have more money for neady causes

big all

I suppose the thing with Sir Paul, is that although on his way to being worth £1bn, most of that will be tied up in business assets. So the choice would be there to either sell them all and give the money to charity, or to hang on to them and donate the proceeds to charity.

Still, I would love to see the look on Gormless Brown's face when McCartney ticks the "reclaim tax on the donation" box on a donation form for £1bn! :LOL:

I had a brilliant voluntary job back in London. I got to drive an electric cart (like a golf buggy, but much bigger with more seats) around Hyde Park giving lifts and tours to mainly the elderly, but also to anyone lacking in mobility (being unfit doesn't count, as I had to explain to many people!). Many of the people were so bewildered that a big green golf buggy pulled up and offered them a lift to wherever they wanted to go, for free, that they often made donations of the order of £5-10 after a 5-minute lift!

As it's just info and not an advertisement: the charity is called The Hyde Park Appeal Liberty Drives, website is here (I am not in that picture, by the way! :LOL: ). If you find yourself in Hyde Park with a wibbly wobbly granny (or grandad) during the warmer months (May to October, inclusive), they are a great way to get about. You can even pre-book by phone. It's worth it just to sit in the cart and look down your nose at the pedestrians as you glide past, bathing in their envy. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back