Charnwood, good wishes mate.

Put on a brave face and be as normal as possible. It seems your fiance was doing the same, Tony.

Perhaps her family just needed someone to blame for their loss.

No, she really did not have any hassle from the blood problem, only from a slipped disc ( nurse ) and it was only discovered by chance from a routine blood test before the intended operation on the disc.

A couple of times she did become rather weak and had a platelet transfusion but most of the time she was completely normal and that was so odd knowing that she had an incureable desease.

Her family were very odd. She actually died when her sister was staying with her and the sister seemed to be keeping her away from the hospital until the last moment when she was virtually unconscious. I suspect they may have been some kind of religious sect which does not agree with transfusions!

Tony

Sponsored Links
@charnwood,I think I saw you mention the name because of the Charnwood wood burners,does it also have anything to do with the Charnwood area of Leicester.

The name comes from the Charnwood Forest, where I live, and yes, Leicestershire.

Nothing to do with the stoves.

The name comes from the Charnwood Forest, where I live, and yes, Leicestershire.

Nothing to do with the stoves.

My mistake,I was up there yesterday,well Loughborough and went up to Beacon Hill,is that part of it?

Sponsored Links
We live in an urban sprawl, but within a 10 minute drive we can be in the glorious rolling hills and beautiful villages.

I'm lucky enough to be in the same position:

I live very close to the edge of the Peak District and within 30 minutes we can be in Castleton, driving down the stunning Winnat's Pass, which is breath taking.

I've walked up and down Windy Gap a couple of times.
Leg-ache or what.

4 months on, I have my last of 12 chemotherapy sessions on Wednesday.
Thats for the primary cancer. I'm now a physical wreck. ;)

Due to inactivity, partly due to the effects of the chemo, partly due to the secondary cancers on my lungs, my legs have lost 90% of their strength. I shuffle about like someone 30 years older than me and need a wheelchair to get any distance.

Once the chemotherapy drugs have cleared my system I hope to be a bit more independent, currently not even able to go and make myself a drink.
That will depend on the state of the secondary cancers on my lungs, but I'd like to get as far towards normality as possible.

Wish me luck. :cool:

A very big dose of good luck to you, and as I think I mentioned before, "where there is life, there is hope".

Just saw the idiot post from chantevil over in P&H forum - don't let the trolls get you down.

Keep smiling and a keep a positive attitude - good friend of mine is 14 months on from where you are now.

Chemo is very debilitating but it gets better.

Thoughts are with you

Don't ever, ever give up mate. When the miricles happen they always happen to the ones who fight like a dog. Seriously, you still have some control. Your attitude and efforts to stay strong are your guardian angel.
The human body can be so resilient but you must always inch forwards every day in some small way to encourage it. All the best.

Though your treatment may have weakened some parts of you at the moment, sounds like you are still strong where it counts.

I hope the thoughts and best wishes of everyone on here help in some small way.

Sponsored Links
Back