Cheap at half the price!

Sponsored Links
The wonder of Ebay. My daughter got me a loo seat from Ebay still with the Argos part number on it. Looked up and £15 new but she had got it cheap off Ebay for £30.

Try looking up patch leads for Hifi some are really silly prices.

Expensive speaker cables are some of those things that 'hi-fi experts' seem willing to pay through the nose for in the mistaken belief that they make a big difference to the sound.

I remember reading somewhere that surveys done on these things showed them to make no difference than cheaper ones. Although I wouldn't use bell wire (which many people do), I wouldn't pay ridiculous prices for a bit of wire.

Sponsored Links
I'm sure I've said before that the irony is that, by the time most can afford and want hi-end AV gear, their hearing and eyesight has dulled enough to negate the benefits!

The purists would say the same about HDMI cables. I saw one recently for £25, but I think you can pay much more even than that. Gold plated and blah blah in a fancy OTT package you can't open without a pair of f***in' tin snips, (which then just gets binned of course).

So I bought one from Poundland instead. No gold plating, no fancy packaging, worked absolutely fine. Does what it says on the bland-looking easy-to-open bag. A fool and his money are soon parted, as they say. I suppose if someone thinks they’re getting better then you can’t blame the market forces for ripping them off. :rolleyes:

BTW, does anyone else here like charity shops? I do, but have you seen the prices in the last few years! I buy shirts from these places, for my work, and they’re now on average between £5 and £7!!! :eek:

I know it may not quite be the same but I can buy one from Primark brand new for half that. :mad: It's a charity shop - not NEXT or Debenhams FFS!!!
165fs373950.gif

Missus gets my work jeans from Primark. I'll wear them to the club/pub when they're new, but after a month, start wearing them for work. No use buying Wranglers or Levi's for work. ;) ;)

Which is ironic because they were the original workwear Jock, as you'll know :)

Is it made from platinum? I did eventually find one for around £30.00
It wasn't long ago, last year in fact, that I saw a complete 'toilet to go' for just £50. I remember cuz I'd not long bought and fitted exactly the same dual flush compact low level type some months earlier for £60 :mad:

Which is ironic because they were the original workwear Jock, as you'll know :)

Very true Big Tone,, ma dad is always telling me, jeans are working clothes... Not for going out in. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

High fashion items now, especially the ones where the knees are ripped open. I believe you can actually pay more for the ready-ripped ones!

Could never understand that phrase 'Cheap at Half the Price'.
If something is half price, it usually is cheap, although not always.
Shouldn't the phrase be 'Cheap at Twice the Price' ???? and that would indicate good deal.

Could never understand that phrase 'Cheap at Half the Price'.
If something is half price, it usually is cheap, although not always.
Shouldn't the phrase be 'Cheap at Twice the Price' ???? and that would indicate good deal.

I have always thought exactly the same thing. Makes no sense at all. I always say 'cheap at twice the price' instead.

I have always thought exactly the same think. Makes no sense at all. I always say 'cheap at twice the price' instead.

Do you think it may be a corrupted phrase and it was originally 'As it is half price, it is cheap? But it is never used in that text, it is always used when referring to the price presently being asked of anything, weird phrase.[/u]

Regarding the jeans thing......

Years ago we were sending clothes out to third world countries. We now use them as sweat shops, they make the jeans, wear them so they get ripped, paint on etc & now send them to us to sell in trendy shops ................................ :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back