cheap valve?

I

imamartian

i recently plumbed in a toilet and sink in my cloakroom (diy). And rather surprisingly, all of the 24 soldered joints and the 6 compression joints are fine, but i have a leak through the isolator valve. Not the compression joints, but through the ball valve in the middle. Do i have any other option that to replace it?

Sponsored Links
Sometimes you can twiddle the valve a little and it will stop leaking.
If you are still not happy the only answer is to fit a better quality valve or at least get one in for next time.
We seem to be getting a lot of cheap Italian brassware and fittings these days and its not unusual for them to leak as their quality control is not what it should be.

Sponsored Links
i recently plumbed in a toilet and sink in my cloakroom (diy). And rather surprisingly, all of the 24 soldered joints and the 6 compression joints are fine, but i have a leak through the isolator valve. Not the compression joints, but through the ball valve in the middle. Do i have any other option that to replace it?

not if you want to sleep at night

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back