Cheapest place to buy an ordinance survey map?

Sponsored Links
I think some people are getting carried away here. This isn’t a grand design project. This is a bog standard double storey extension with a loft conversion. The majority of houses on this street have previously been extended in the exact same way. There is nothing fancy in this at all.

Like I said before, I do not owe this architect anything. I detest the fact that he lied to me when he told me everything was completed, but went on to ask for an additional £40 for an ordinance survey map of the site.

The ordinance survey map simply informs the council where the proposed extension is at a scale of 1:1250. I have already seen that it only costs £13.20 from Chapeau’s above link. Thanks again.

Hiring someone else does not mean repeat measuring of any kind. The majority of CAD products now allow for .pdf files to be directly imported and converted into .dwg files. Once the file is imported and converted then the measurements and design can be adjusted accordingly.

The majority of architect practices work off dwg. templates and structural templates anyway. These templates include the necessary and relevant building reg details.

It is not farfetched for someone to charge £375. The architect charging £1500 is simply logging onto the laptop, opening the architect software and adjusting the measurements in millimetres. The software does everything else and will also adjust the sizes of lintels and steels anyway.
He then clicks save and prints the drawings off. That will be £1500 please? :LOL:

The majority of CAD products now allow for .pdf files to be directly imported and converted into .dwg files. Once the file is imported and converted then the measurements and design can be adjusted accordingly.

The majority of architect practices work off dwg. templates and structural templates anyway. These templates include the necessary and relevant building reg details.

It is not farfetched for someone to charge £375. The architect charging £1500 is simply logging onto the laptop, opening the architect software and adjusting the measurements in millimetres. The software does everything else and will also adjust the sizes of lintels and steels anyway.
He then clicks save and prints the drawings off.

What an absolute load of complete and utter rubbish. If I had a client like yourself I'd have charged 'a bit extra' aswell ;)

If it's so easy why don't you just do it yourself?

Haha that's hilarious I've seen it all, thanks for the informative post though! Why not do the Building Regs App yourself?

Sponsored Links
No, no doubting that part of your post, you've been able to convert PDF to cad provided its not locked for ages, legalities, copyright and morals aside of course.

Its the rest of your post that's comedy gold! :mrgreen:

There's already Microstation, Vectoworks and Autocad for that.

Which one do you prefer? :LOL:

Hiring someone else does not mean repeat measuring of any kind. The majority of CAD products now allow for .pdf files to be directly imported and converted into .dwg files. Once the file is imported and converted then the measurements and design can be adjusted accordingly.

You just dont get it do you.

Only a real jerk would work on someone else's unknown design drawing, using unverified measurements, and working to their design intentions. And an even bigger one would expect this just to get a cheap set of plans

Are you lost in the woods again?

I have already stated the above software examples allow .pdf files to be imported and converted into .dwg format. The planning application drawing contains detailed measurements in millimetres. I validated the measurements as they were being taken. The architect used an electric measuring device and I used an old fashioned tape measure. I don’t see where there’s an issue. I will not be paying £1500 for a collage based on a template. Why can’t you accept it?

Design intentions, eh? This isn’t grand designs. This is a bog standard double storey extension with a loft conversion... Made out of bricks and mortar. Double glazing glass. Concrete roof tiles etc. Nothing to design as its identical to what our neighbours have. ;)

If you’re still trying to pull the wool over our eyes then you’re sadly mistaken. :eek:

Go back to modifying that overpriced collage template of yours. Make sure you remember to add the lintels and steels on there. Or are you now going to refer me to the structural engineer because you’ve spent your career copying and pasting in Revit. :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back