CHILDISHNESS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
unless we know what the"*"reprizents we cant read the web address ;)

Sponsored Links
The original reason was that the site in question was persistantly, despite requests, advertised on here not in a 'reference to' situation but a 'Go to' situation, the only way to combat the advertising was to censor the site name. This upset the site in question and they subsequently censored all reference to DIYnot.com.

Childish? Probably, but we didn't start it ;) :LOL:

But Von Clapp, ve can finish eet.......HACK THE B*STARDS!

They do like to advertise there. Do they let you post adverts on their board?

Well presumably not, now. But were they doing so before?

DIYnot said:
The original reason was that the site in question was persistantly, despite requests, advertised on here not in a 'reference to' situation but a 'Go to' situation, the only way to combat the advertising was to censor the site name. This upset the site in question and they subsequently censored all reference to DIYnot.com.

Childish? Probably, but we didn't start it ;) :LOL:

ah, now that i cannot agree with.
i e-mailed the administration of this site to ask and suggest a collaboration- which incidentally we have set up with other sites.
Originally we weren’t even doing the whole ask the trades a question side of things, it was trade only, but at the time since we couldn’t offer a partner forum to offer this we DIY'd it.
a few of our members then reported the banning of novo serve . no- ip.biz
which was our free domain,
so we then banned diynot.com
and since then ask the trades .co.uk has also been banned.
i don’t know what members were posting on diynot that im not aware of but i know towards the beginning there was a recruitment drive of such...

Also, i have never received any warning from anyone at diynot as a request to not post the forum name.
i have also not even been given a reply to my e-mail which I sent some time in April.

that’s the story as i at least have it.
i posted the novo serve site twice here, i cant speak for others, but its hardly excessive.

Damocles said:
They do like to advertise there. Do they let you post adverts on their board?

Well presumably not, now. But were they doing so before?
we have links set up to AE3 forums(currently down but ive been told they will be back soon)
and also with Trusted tradesmen
the ones who bothered to reply to e-mails :LOL:

supersparks said:
Also, i have never received any warning from anyone at diynot as a request to not post the forum name.

perhaps this helps

you can not advertise another website, how ever you can refer to it, which is why you will see a lot of posts that mention things like " i bought the xyz from some website/xyz" what do you think. that is refering to a website, not advertising it.

similarly you can not have a web address as a signature.

thats my theory anyway

breezer said:
supersparks said:

perhaps this helps

you can not advertise another website, how ever you can refer to it, which is why you will see a lot of posts that mention things like " i bought the xyz from some website/xyz" what do you think. that is refering to a website, not advertising it.

similarly you can not have a web address as a signature.

thats my theory anyway
was posted in october breezer :rolleyes:

so if we are creative and its relivant to the conversation and not taking the micky we can
mention"a s k t h e t r a d e s"[tounge in cheek] ;)

i mention diy not on ask the trades with out worrying if its auto censord i just put spaces in to me its just like enlaging your group of mates :D :D ;)

Sponsored Links
Back