Chinese Diesel Heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I see a lot of youtube videos on Chinese Diesel Heaters.
Anyone using one? How do they rate in heating performance, safety and fuel cost savings?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Im using one heavily and its still fine after three years. Everything you need to know is on FB and YouTube.

Im using one heavily and its still fine after three years. Everything you need to know is on FB and YouTube.

Most of the users seem very satisfied with the performance reliability and safety. But are they considerably cheaper than gas or electricity?

Sponsored Links
Most of the users seem very satisfied with the performance reliability and safety. But are they considerably cheaper than gas or electricity?
Guess that really depends on what area you are heating and how well it is insulated. Ive seen calculations done on youtube for heating workshops the size of a double garage which do not match what I use to heat my large drafty boat but I havent exactly done my own calculations yet and I have read about heating a whole house using two heaters and ducts which honestly I doubt but then the poster doesnt say how many rooms in the house.
What are you thinking to heat?

Guess that really depends on what area you are heating and how well it is insulated. Ive seen calculations done on youtube for heating workshops the size of a double garage which do not match what I use to heat my large drafty boat but I havent exactly done my own calculations yet and I have read about heating a whole house using two heaters and ducts which honestly I doubt but then the poster doesnt say how many rooms in the house.
What are you thinking to heat?

My garden shed size of about 3m x 9m quite large it used to be a garage used by the previous owners of the house.
I am using it as shed, storage and workshop. It is a wooden shed, damp and very cold inside. Was thinking of putting in wood burner, but diesel heaters spring up in youtube recently often. It looks ideal option if fuel cost is considerably cheaper.

If it works well and cheap enough, then I will put 1 or 2 more diesel heaters in the house (maybe in the kitchen and hall) as well later.

I would guess that a large bottle gas heater would be cheaper, unless you have access to either old oil or duty free heating fuel diesel.

I would guess that a large bottle gas heater would be cheaper, unless you have access to either old oil or duty free heating fuel diesel.

Yeah I was also looking at the calor bottle gas heaters too. Was wondering how they compare to diesel heaters in running costs.

Assuming you are paying around £1.75 per litre, its going to cost about 13p per kWh vs about 9p with LPG.

If you live near a marina or yacht haven you could get your fuel 100% heating duty.. roughly £1.40 per litre.

Sponsored Links
Back