Chipboard floor in loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to put down a chipboard floor in the dead space in my maisonette flat with a view to using for storage space and, eventually, putting a walk in wardrobe in the space behind one of the bedrooms.

My query is, there is currently some chip board already installed and I'm unable to identify the brand. I was wondering if different brands of chip board are generally compatible in terms of being able to join them together? Ive had a look at some of the usual suspects websites (i.e Wickes, B&Q etc) but I'm unable to determine from the images there that the tongue and grooves are the same.

any advice would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Is it possible to lift a piece and take it to a retailer? But in reality, why bother if the T&G is slightly off? Tongues can be cut off and pieces butted up if that seems necessary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back