Chips

S

Sombrero

can you get chips delivered?

I just fancy a nice cod chips 'n' peas !

Sponsored Links
What part of the county of Avon that no longer exist do you live Sombrero? I used to get fish & chips down in W.O.T. but now get them from the Star fish bar in Southmead, they are better and cheaper.

My local Chinese lady used to do brilliant chips but she recently changed to some completely inedible pre-packed ones. I asked her "why you no do proper chips any more"? Curiously she said "take too much water - too expensive". I did try but all I could get was the water bill cost too much??

Sponsored Links
She was probably peeling the spuds in one of those drum-type peelers, which do need quite a bit of water.

What part of the county of Avon that no longer exist do you live Sombrero? I used to get fish & chips down in W.O.T. but now get them from the Star fish bar in Southmead, they are better and cheaper.

Sombrero lives in the remotest part of Avon. Its called Derbyshire. Do a search on a forum member called imamartian - although he kept up the pretence for many months with deliberate spelling mistakes. He had us all fooled the little rascal. ;)

He used to get drunk a lot and feel sorry for himself, but is now a very happy chappy - bringing joy and deep thorkus to the GD forum.

Thought it was something like that myself. But I'm surprised they use so much water as to be the main factor.

can you get chips delivered?

I just fancy a nice cod chips 'n' peas !

The bog standard "English" chippies round here don't deliver, but the Chinese places all do F&C, and all deliver FOC.

Sponsored Links
Back