Chocolate peanuts exactly like M and M's from old

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've tried googling and googling but cannot find or remember what famous make of chocolate peanuts in a hard crispy shell and chocolate exactly like peanut M and M's are today were called in the 70's before M and M's came to this shore.

Anyone remebmer them and what they were called?

Sponsored Links
Paynes Poppets I think :confused:
Nah unfortunately those are the toffee ones that broke your teeth when you first chewed them :LOL: thanks for trying.

I wrongly thought that they just changed their name from ?? to M and M's rather like Marathon to Snickers but M and M's have been around since the 50's in america and got introduced over here in the 70's

That would be treets

treets22.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thats the one Brilliant! thanks for that :D :D

Breezer as a matter of interest who made them?

Now I know what they are called i've been doing some googling and some people seem to think that Treets and M&m's were both made by Mars?

Thing is if you go on the official website for M&M's there's no mention of treets in the History of M&M's section.

I bow to greater knowledge chaps, however in my defence Paynes did make the teeth busting choc/toffee's your, right Tim, but they also made choc/raisins for people who had bust their entire set and just sucked them to death and they also made choc/peanuts for those who still had the odd molar left. If I remember rightly they were dispensed out of machines on railway platforms or has senility kicked in?

I bow to greater knowledge chaps, however in my defence Paynes did make the teeth busting choc/toffee's your, right Tim, but they also made choc/raisins for people who had bust their entire set and just sucked them to death and they also made choc/peanuts for those who still had the odd molar left. If I remember rightly they were dispensed out of machines on railway platforms or has senility kicked in?
I think you're right about the peanut ones but the difference with them was they didnt have the hard outer shell but were soft

As you're picture shows thats correct and as mentioned they were also available in vending machines at stations etc.

Paynes did have a range of boxed choccie things, most tube stations had vending machines that offered them. They were easy to dispense in a box as the machines then were fairly crude affairs.

Chocolate covered peanuts and raisins and mints were some of the choices from memory.

Sponsored Links
Back