Eating Out Of Date Food

Sponsored Links
Meat and diary you can just look at and smell. I am careful with eggs though.

And I stopped eating yoghurt in dim light. Once I ate already two spoonfuls when I wondered about the taste. When I turned on the light, I saw it was covered in green mould! But it was a yoghurt I only bought the day before and that was well before the "use by" date. Hence, you always need to check what you are eating and not just go by the stamp!

Sponsored Links
Meat and diary you can just look at and smell. I am careful with eggs though.

And I stopped eating yoghurt in dim light. Once I ate already two spoonfuls when I wondered about the taste. When I turned on the light, I saw it was covered in green mould! But it was a yoghurt I only bought the day before and that was well before the "use by" date. Hence, you always need to check what you are eating and not just go by the stamp!
i eat eggs many months past the best by date if it looks smells and tastes right-----

Yes, as they're full of gas. Even with two-week-past-their-sell-by eggs, I have never had a floater (egg I mean;)).

I know, TMI.

Where's my coat?

when my mum died we found a cook in the tin pie about 40 year old
as an experiment i cooked it it looked fine smelt fine

I read a story a while ago about a couple who got a Buxted tinned chicken when they married and 50 years later they ate it....

I have just eaten out of date by 1 year , mash with sausages that tasted just as good as fresh one, just that my gravy is bit old exp 2014! still tasted OK.

I guess that could be the same in honk tonks. :)

getmecoat.gif

Sponsored Links
Back