choice of tiles for indoors and outdoors

str

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wonder if anyone can suggest a good tile that can be used outside as well as inside?

Am planning a kitchen extension which will have doors onto a small courtyard type space leadign onto the garden. To get the indoor/outdoors feel, it has been suggested that teh same floor covering be used right through.

Plannign to have some light colour marble worktop, so need a tile which will sit well with this but can also be used outdoors, although I would have thought that the majority of tiles would be slipply following rain?

Any suggestions :?:

Sponsored Links
Most decent floor tiles should be ok,check at a tile store and ask which they think will be suitable so you know which you can choose from.

Most decent floor tiles should be ok....
Not so lance - for tiling applications outside, you need to be using porcelain tiles. This is due to their lack of porosity - porcelain will absorb very little moisture, which means that there isn't any water present in the tiles which can freeze and crack them in cold temperatures.

Sponsored Links
Porcelain it is then. What about potential for being slippy when wet ie being outside when its raining - problem is that its the route to the garage and beer fridge :!: ;)

dont want to be slipping on my backside, or worse, spilling my beer :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back