Choosing a new intruder alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I want to install a burgular alarm at my daughters new home.
I've got a Honeywell Accentra G4 in my own, but realise there are better ones available now. I dont want a wireless because of the hassle of batteries.
Any suggestions

Sponsored Links
The accenta is discontinued, so when they have gone they are gone.

I guess the question is what do you want from it?
Texecom Premier Elite Range or something simpler Texecom veritas

Thank you for your reply
Are these systems as easy to install as the G4 systems.
All I want really is to provide a deterrent

Veritas is probably easier than Premier Elite, in that:-
Door Contact to zone 1
Hallway PIR to zone 2
Keypad in hallway
other PIR's in other rooms
DT if its a conservatory or garage
Just link out empty zones

At default zones 5,6 and 7 are omitted in part set so the landing PIR should be one of these.

Fit a Texecom bell box and wiring is ABCDS to ABCDS

Then all you need pretty much is to change the engineers code and user code.

Obviously the more specific you are the more you can be guided.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info
I'd like to not have door contacts, and only use PIR's.
I assume you can configure for PIR'S only with zone one being the timed entry/exit zone
I guess it's very similar to my own G3.
I dont want something that is too complex to operate for my daughter, but obviously I want it to be fully protective.

Ish.

Zone 1 is entry exit zone, using pirs only can be done but as you rightly mention it has to be a timed exit, which again is the default mode on the Veritas

So I your opinion which of the two you suggested would be the best to go for

Unfortunately I am not a mind reader, the Veritas is closer to the Accenta than the Elite panel for sure. Either have support via the manufacturer to limited degrees as well as on here.

I prefer the Premier Elite to the Veritas

Hi
I want to install a burgular alarm at my daughters new home.
I've got a Honeywell Accentra G4 in my own, but realise there are better ones available now. I dont want a wireless because of the hassle of batteries.
Any suggestions

I also had an Accenta G4 and replaced it earlier this year with a Texecom Premier Elite, swapping out the controller and keypads, while maintaining all of the original sensors, sounders and wiring. The Texecom is a superb piece of kit and was relatively straightforward to install - from a wiring point of view, no harder than the Accenta. It is, however, a far more sophisticated alarm and while this means it is much more flexible in use, it also means it's a fair bit more complicated to program and there's a lot more potential pitfalls that can be easy to fall into. The documentation is mostly good, however, and I was able to get mine up and running very quickly. I've since fettled the setup a bit and added an expansion module (to cover outbuildings) and this was, once again, pretty straightforward. It's been 100% reliable since I installed it, and from this point of view, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Good support through this forum too :)

(Disclaimer: I do have a professional IT / electronics background, so while certainly not a professional installer like others here, I'm quite handy around this sort of thing as I work in a similar industry.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back