Choosing a WB Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm deciding which WB combi to go for, from the 28si up to the 37CDI.

4 bed house, 1 bathroom with shower, possibility of loft extension including shower room at some point.

28si would do for now I'm sure, but looks like the 27CDI or 30CDI would be worth a bit extra for the HW temp control.

Can the 27CDI and/or 30CDI handle two showers running at the same time or should I consider spending a few hundred more on the 37CDI to be on the safe side?

Thanks for your help,

Rob

Sponsored Links
The CDI is far better than the SI, not only due to the extra control option, it is all together a better design.
The 37 kW model will happily run 2 showers at the same time, unless you are one of the people that wants a shower to chuck water out by the bucket.

I have installed a number of 37 CDI's, as well as it's predecessors which were 35 kW, and they all work fine with 2 showers.

You do need an adequate incoming mains of course, but that is not a boiler issue.

You can get "high efficiency" shower heads these days, and 2 of those fed by decent thermostatic mixer might just about work on a 30 CDI, but for the 100 quid difference, I wouldn't risk it.

the 28Kw version will just about supply 2 showers but the 37Kw would be better in the long term.
also worth looking at the Vaillant Ecotec 837. either would be good.

Thanks for the advice. 30CDI or 37CDI is looking like the way to go.

Please can you explain how the design of the CDI is better than the SI?

Sponsored Links
Bit of a lengthy and technical story to type out, but you can download the technical manuals from the website, and compare the contents of both models.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back