Christmas plans.........

J

JulieL

Just being nosey really! ;) :LOL: What are you lot doing for Christmas? Are you having the family round or are you going away somewhere nice?

I don't particularly like Christmas (big rip off) so we normally go away (Thailand last xmas/new year) but we are staying at home this year........unfortunately!!!! :cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
Much cheaper than Christmas .. unless you get the dreaded T ... :eek:

Im off to my sisters in Wigan ,Standish ,
everyone /the lot is going 35ish people ... ,.... best thing is the XMAs day is at Parkhall , (its Camelot ,lol)its a boss/knight do ..lol

I wish in a boat , like Titanic .. I love it to bits big grinning it now .. lol

do you Julie l/B

have massive family,?
between me you now .. here .. you have no kids ?
sorry if it upsetting ? above :)

Moz said:
Im off to my sisters in Wigan ,Standish ,
everyone /the lot is going 35ish people ... ,.... best thing is the XMAs day is at Parkhall , (its Camelot ,lol)its a boss/knight do ..lol

I wish in a boat , like Titanic .. I love it to bits big grinning it now .. lol

do you Julie l/B

have massive family,?
between me you now .. here .. you have no kids ?
sorry if it upsetting ? above :)

No problem Moz re above ;)

We went on a cruise round the West Indies once for Christmas.........fantastic!!!

No kids.........was quite ill and had hysterectomy about 6 years ago.......so it's just me, Dave, and my puds Tee bag and Henry (who love their turkey dinner more than us!!!)

Sponsored Links
when Im still sober here with you ...

JulieL L/B
Sorry I cannot say ...

take care an be wonderful . .. :)

I'm going home to be with parents, siblings and grandfather.

A couple of years ago I had the opportunity to spend Chrimbo with a partner, but it didn't feel like that was my calling... even more obvious now since she is no longer my partner (but still a good friend)

So far, I've never spent Christmas away from "home", i.e. with parents and family. Will happen when I find the right lady.

Julie, as we have 2 feline members to our family (by the names of Victoria and Albert... cringe now or forever hold your peace!) I understand the joy the cats show when presented with turkey plus turkey offal gravy. Those little scamps! :LOL:

By the way, "Henry's cat", it didn't escape me :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

the true joy of christmas is being with those you love. Last year we had to abandon plans for chrimbo at home as my pregnant wife was so ill, and it was a pretty timid affair, especially for our teenage daughter.

this year its christmas at ours with our new duaughter and here big sister, with the grand parents coming around for the first christmas with their new grandchild. No tv, plenty of food, board games, charades etc.

All off tomorrow to get the christmas tree from a wood in sussex, where we cut our own one. Bit of a family tradition. Im really looking forward to christmas this year and i dont give a stuff about the presents, just cant wait to see the look in the kids eyes :D

We're staying in. Nice fire in the heard, books galore to read. Calling the folks back home in the afternoon (before one pair goes of the a fancy Xmas diner and the other pair goes to bed ;))

JulieL said:
Just being nosey really! ;) :LOL: What are you lot doing for Christmas? Are you having the family round or are you going away somewhere nice?
Nope, I'm working :cry: :cry:

Thermo said:
off tomorrow to get the christmas tree from a wood in sussex, where we cut our own one.

Do you actually chop it down yourself? Do you have to pay for it?

JulieL said:
we normally go away (Thailand last xmas/new year)

Yes, we remember being worried when we didn't hear from you both for a while and we thought you had gotten caught up in the tsunami disaster. Much relief on the DIYnot board when you came back safely!

Please try to plan a safer destination if you change your mind and go away this year.... :rolleyes:

The Joy of Chrimbo is not being around other people...the family will get together, but I haven't attended a family Christmas for more than 20 years..can't stand them.

Normally I go away somewhere and forget about Chrimbo, but this year I'm gonna work...

JulieL said:
Thermo said:
off tomorrow to get the christmas tree from a wood in sussex, where we cut our own one.

Do you actually chop it down yourself? Do you have to pay for it?

Julie xmas tree's arent usually above 6 feet high, they are grown specially for that purpose.

Big_Spark said:
The Joy of Chrimbo is not being around other people...the family will get together, but I haven't attended a family Christmas for more than 20 years..can't stand them.

Normally I go away somewhere and forget about Chrimbo, but this year I'm gonna work...

ebeneezer bigspark

Sponsored Links
Back