Circular Electric Saw, flashing think brushes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 1300w electric circular saw (I use only to cut pallets for fire wood), is not treated with kindness, has now started to spark & sometimes wont start, is this a sign of worn brushes or is it on its last legs. The saw has a model No M1Y-YH19-185 Bought it from b&q 3years ago.
Just attached the image dimensions for the carbon are 5 x 10 & its worn down to 6 so I don't know the original length. The brass connector at the other end is 8 x 10.
All dimensions mm.
There seems so a wide choice of brushes its hard to know where to start with a manufactures saw name. Any help/tips appreciated.

Attachments

• brush.jpg
    brush.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I think its telling you that it hasn't too long to go....those brushes, although getting a little short should work fine so long as they can slide in their holders.
When you insert them, you should feel them contact the commutator and still have some spring pressure before the plastic screws are turned in.
John :)

Took the other brush out, it was well worn, based on what I have been reading, I am going for new brushes if I can find them. They are only about £5

sometimes the brushes and commutator can glaze over if stored in a cold damp place
you can clean the commutator with nothing more abrasive than brasso or silver polish
and the brushes with emery or very fine file

Sponsored Links
BA, Thanks re cleaning advice, just trying to find brushes now, what a choice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back