circulation problem, i think

The pump direction is determined by the winding sense of the main and start windings in the pump so i dont see how you think you are getting it to rotate in the opposite direction.

Furthermore in a boiler with a built in pump it becomes even odder!

Tony

what you dont know how to change the direstion of rotation in a single phase motor :rolleyes:

if you turn the pump you aint changing the direction of rotation

just the flow

sounds off to me

but TBF never tryed it

worst boiler i ever had for an airlock was a sine 18 (you younguns get your history books out) :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I think our man at adl plumbing was suggesting turning the whole pump body(well I can assume!) which can't be done as with most modern combis the pump is in a housing which can't be altered. Turning the pump head makes no difference. As with most of his advice its best taken with some caution. Agile has posted a method of checking pumps in the FAQ so I would recommend you go there for a read up. That includes adlplumbing.

thanks all and thanks mickey i shall check the FAQ,
any more suggestions on things to check are welcome.

whats the best way to remove an airlock from a combi heating system??
as to be honest i have never come across it or heard of it , on a open vented system yeah
i suppose nothing is impossible :confused:

A ladybird has just walked across my desk when its -2.3° outside ( 21.9 inside though! ).

Those compass things to "check" a pump do NOT indicate that the rotor is turning!

It only indicates a rotating magnetic field.

The rotor may be seized.

As Mick says, see FAQ for testing pumps, the "finger test".

To remove an airlock from Vaillant Sine 18 you have to be gas registered.

So dont try that Gasgirl ( in spite of your name ).

Tony

Tony

Sponsored Links
just logged on, probably two weeks late, anyway

had the same problems once on a Heatline C24
DHW was just only just ok. but no CH, the flow was leaving the boiler at
80 / 90 deg nothing coming back on return. the pump, D.V all tested ok.

Turned out to be modulating coil on gas valve.
these boilers go into highfire first then modulate down as the temp increases. (probably for quick response) had me baffled.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back