Cladding metal shed?.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, I've had my shed for 10 years and it's still perfectly usable and bone dry!.

After doing a lot of work in the garden it stands out and I'd like to clad it possibly to similar colour as fence (Ronseal Havest Gold).

Ideally I'd like to do it wothout drilling the shed, maybe bond the cladding direct to the shed panels?.

Either real wood or composite cladding is fine, just after some ideas.

To be fair only the front and lhs needs doing but may as well do it all at the same time.

Any input much appreciated.

Cheers, Keith.

20180613_075854.jpg

Sponsored Links
Paint it a darker colour and put some plants in front of it.

Sponsored Links
Paint it a darker colour and put some plants in front of it.

I thought about painting it but don't want the paint to start flaking off after a year or two, any recommendations?.

It's either that or feather edge fence panels round it at some point!.

I think the issue you may have with simply sticking some cladding on would be condensation/damp issues. You might be able to avoid that by sticking on vertical battens and then cladding, but as others have suggested, I'd perhaps look at painting and/or hiding it with plants. Even if you go with timber cladding, you're still going to have to maintain it every so often.

if you went the fence panel route,I would fix a long panel to cover the ( from the photo's POV) RHS, allowing maybe 12" so you can get to thew back of it, or hinge the entire thing off the fence at the RHS of the picture. You could change the short fence panel there for a 6' gate

On the LHS, a few fence panels with a right angled turn to the front LHS. Leave either a squeeze gap for painting or use a few hinges on one side to allow access to the inside.

if you used bamboo /brushwood, fixed fence posts and postcrete with a couple of rails. The material can't be painted, but lasts and you just bin it and replace after a few years

Just wash it down, rub it down to key the existing paint and paint it over with a different colour.
Adding all sort of other covers is just gonna end up looking naff, cost a lot more etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back