Cleaning/Waxing/Polishing a car using a buffer/polisher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi for Christmas my parents bought me a electric various speed 180mm buffer and polisher, I have never used one before, I have a black Hyundai Santa Fe that has a few surface scratches and swirl marks, how and what process do I need to bring up my car? What shampoo, wax, soap and polish do i need to buy? Also what kind of pads do i need to buy for the job, it only came with 1 cover that you tie on, I assume I will need more than one and I also assume I will need different types to do different processes?

I have never used one before and if its nice this weekend I would like to give it a go so and advice hints and tips will be great.

Regards Keith

Sponsored Links
All you need is available from the Autoglym range of products, but do be very careful if you are using any type of cutting paste, which is abrasive.....especially with a black car! Consider using a clay bar too.
Try with the resin polish first, and see what results you get - any swirl marks are in the lacquer coat and these can be polished away but I would recommend lots of practise first!
Keep the polisher mops clean - ideally they have different fabric mops for different applications.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Back