What's a good polish for black cars?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've always used Autoglym Super Resin but my last 1 litre bottle seemed runnier than previously. Is it a new formula? I've run out and wondering what people recommend that isn't silly money.
I know the debate between polish and wax , what I want is a shiny car with paint protected against the weather. No hard rubbing would be nice!

Sponsored Links
It's still Autoglym for me, or maybe Meguiars....nothing else really comes close.
New to me though, have you tried body clay? A rub with that plus a lube produces outstanding results....bodywork smooth as a baby's ass, etc.
John :)

Yes, I remember from years back autoglym was kind of defacto favourite. But as i have only washed my car once in the 7 years I have owned it, probably not the best person to comment (it's only been washed twice by other people..... poor car!)

I had a Meguiars catalogue in a car magazine and there was so much choice I got confused. Probably will get some more Autoglym. I have been using BMW Hard Wax on the basis that I couldn't see a BMW driver working up a sweat polishing a car. It's like a liquid that sets to a wax and is a hell of a job to shift if you get it on your windows. Might try Autoglym Aquawax for a quick shine in between polishes.
Eddie, you should be ashamed of yourself!

Sponsored Links
my last car was velvet blue probley worse than black for keeping clean srp is good but i always found dodo juice (smells good too)and poorboys black hole glaze great mid range product

I had a Meguiars catalogue in a car magazine and there was so much choice I got confused. Probably will get some more Autoglym. I have been using BMW Hard Wax on the basis that I couldn't see a BMW driver working up a sweat polishing a car. It's like a liquid that sets to a wax and is a hell of a job to shift if you get it on your windows. Might try Autoglym Aquawax for a quick shine in between polishes.
Eddie, you should be ashamed of yourself!

Oh trust me I am, frankly it's a scandalous way to treat a Jag :(

Have you got moss growing around the lights and window rubbers?

No, cars that aren't washed are prone to growing moss , not just Jags!
I wonder what this high definition Autoglym polish and shampoo is like ? Bit expensive though.

I don't think there is much better for the money than super resin, the formula definitely has changed but its still a good product.
The extra gloss protection they have is very good too and easy to apply.
If you have a spare couple of hours have a read through here, be warned it will send your head in a spin over what products to use!
They do rate super resin though.
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php

I've seen all that detailing stuff and how they take for example a brand new Porsche and improve the paint finish no end. I'm trying to avoid being OCD on car cleanliness!

Sponsored Links
Back