Cold Water Float Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all. I have done a fair bit of searching in the forum to try and get an answer to this question but not found the definitive answer!

The float valve on our cold water tank is not closing properly due to lime-scale hell and needs replacing. I know it needs to be part 2 but I can't seem to find any valves specifically for tanks, they all seem to be for toilets or are they the same thing?

http://www.screwfix.com/p/pegler-prestex-float-valve-part-2/27627

Just concerned the flow of water through won't be enough.

Any advice/suggestions of valves greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Sam

Sponsored Links
Thats just the jobby mate - if you are going to fit an isolator too then make sure its a full bore one and all will be well. A new fibre washer for the connector is a sound move also.
John :)

Thanks for the swift reply John. There is already an isolator tap on the feed just before the tank. I just wanted to make sure I got the right valve!

Cheers

Sam

No probs Sam, and no need to bend the brass arm on these unless the water level is still too high with the float at the bottom of the arm.
John :)

Sponsored Links
I'm assuming it's for the mains supply to the tank; you will need a 1/2" high pressure part 2 ball valve, preferably - if you can get it - with a brass or bronze seat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back