Collapsed Balcony.

Hi, chap has now turned up and done some work and put new joists etc , nice chap but i do have a concern (apart from how untidy he is with cement up the neighbours newly painted wall ) . He originally left the wooden posts in-situ as he was going to clad them, he set out the Upstand for the glass fibre roof against them and laid the glass fibre matting and resin. But he then decided that he wasn't going to use cladding and cut the posts down and has built a single skin wall out of concrete blocks and will render them.

But the upstand is now 65mm away from the wall, he told me (before not cladding) that the upstand is fixed to the decking up close to the wall and not attached but is left loose to allow for expansion and makes perfect sense, however it is now 65mm from the wall and i cannot see how he can make that water tight without fixing to the wall. Which surely is not the right way and i am concerned that the upstand will be overly stressed and prematurely fail, surely that far from the wall and people will be stepping on the curve of the upstand.

Should i tell him that he will have to move the upstand, Any advice welcomed.

IMAG0274.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back