combi boiler timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys (N Gals)
Im new so apologies if I post this wrongly.

We have a potterton performa 28 and I would like to fit a Timer for the heating, I know there are various timers both mechanical (2472060) and electronic (ep 6002) but how hard are they to fit.

if the mechanical one is fairly basic I would be happy to fit it myself but if not I will get an engineer in.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Scouse

Sponsored Links
Do you already have a room thermostat and just want to add a timer?

If you don't even have a room thermostat, a programmable thermostat will do the job of the timer and the thermostat.

You do not have to buy a Potterton timer; there are better ones available, e.g Honeywell.

If you can put a 3-pin plug on a flex, you can wire up a timer/programmer; but you may need some advice -which is why we are here ;)

easy enough the instructions come with it ;)

even a glasgow gas could manage it :LOL: :LOL: ;)

yes but he/she is not really from Glasgow they are from "stealawheel" land so we will see if they can manage!!

seriously though it is a very easy job to fit an internal boiler clock, (some of the electronic ones are a complete nightmare to set up, or is that just me?) just please take care to guarantee that the power is completely isolated before you start, couple of phillips screws and connect up some spade connections, follow instructions to remove factory fitted link

Sponsored Links
if the electronic one is the grasslin one that other manufacturers use then I'd avoid it unless you want to spend an hour reading the instructions everytime you want to alter it. mechanical all the way in your case

Don't get the ep series, they are all crap.
What is the total budget?

easy enough the instructions come with it ;)

even a glasgow gas could manage it :LOL: :LOL: ;)

right ya monkeyhanger, working the weekend, nae voddie.and loaded with manflu or some other lethal lurgie

LETS GET IT ON!

OP get a Salus RT500RF,online price £35 ish, 4 wires to receiver doddle to set up

Hello

Thanks for all the advice, I have looked at the various suggestions and checked out some of the various timers.

There are individual thermostat valves on each radiator.

We have more or less decided that we only need a basic on for an hour in the morning and again in the early evening. (before getting up and getting home from work)

There is a mechanical timer on Ebay for £15 which seems to be a clone of the Potterton (2472060), so unless someone is aware of a problem with these then we will get one. hopefully it will be easy to fit.

Thanks You

Scouse

I always thought that wheels could go missing anywhere !

15 quid for a clone on fleebay? :eek:
Blimey, I'm sure you can do better than that.

I'm not very au fait with ebay, my friends can always find better deals than I can, pretty much given up doing it myself.

If you get in the habit of just switching it on when the first one gets up, you get acclimatised to a bit of chill; saves you money on the timer as well as the gasbill, and it is healthy in the bargain.
When I was young(er), we had one fire, that was it for the whole place. Never did me any harm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back