Combi boiler upgrade advice

Sponsored Links
Gas wizard. Please explain your comment about viessmann and 7% co2.

Viessmann ask for a CO2% between 7.7/9.2 , you mentioned using inferior boilers in order to 'reduce' condensate volume in flue gas (please explain) , it would be obvious that (lets say) a vaillant would produce more condensate when set up for 9% CO2 than that of a Viessmann set for 7.7% CO2 (return temps being equal) , so the comment you made was a little foolish don't you think?

Stone me... I must stop being rude about viessmann (was I?). After all they must be the only band A boiler that has weather comp and can condense flue gases.

Where have I been going wrong all these years?

And what are those two mystery wiring terminals marked "external" on my boiler?

Please... someone help!?

Sponsored Links
There you go sinking down to sarcasm again. Dan you really need to grow up. The viessmann in my opinion has the best weather comp. It's pretty much the only boiler I ever see fitted with it. Vaillant tell me there's dosn't work properly and Keston on there training course said it doesn't work. I'm not sure about ATAG they are a difficult Boiler to specify and I don't specify any boiler with aly in the heat exchanger. I've not heard anything bad about Intergas and know nothing about them. Every engineer I've meet that understands weather comp fits Viessmann, I what to talk to any one who uses weather comp on any other make and see if there's anthill better out there, so far once not found anything better. What is your boiler and how does your weather comp work? How easy is it to fix? What % of it's time is spent condensing? I'm here to learn, teach me, sarcasm and negativity achieve nothing.

Vaillant's weather compensation works absolutely fine and is as good as Viesmann's... I have a lot out there of both...it works on just and outdoor sensor or with room modulation and outdoor sensing(you get both indoor and outdoor sensing with vaillants kit!)

Its not true that vaillant's own kit doesn't work...

There you go sinking down to sarcasm again. Dan you really need to grow up. The viessmann in my opinion has the best weather comp. It's pretty much the only boiler I ever see fitted with it. Vaillant tell me there's dosn't work properly and Keston on there training course said it doesn't work. I'm not sure about ATAG they are a difficult Boiler to specify and I don't specify any boiler with aly in the heat exchanger. I've not heard anything bad about Intergas and know nothing about them. Every engineer I've meet that understands weather comp fits Viessmann, I what to talk to any one who uses weather comp on any other make and see if there's anthill better out there, so far once not found anything better. What is your boiler and how does your weather comp work? How easy is it to fix? What % of it's time is spent condensing? I'm here to learn, teach me, sarcasm and negativity achieve nothing.

Andy if you removed the blinkers you would be less prone to a bit of dry wit.

On the one hand you say Veissmann's is the best, and on the other you admit to not having any real experience of anything else.

I have a Coopra Compact N30C - modified beyond belief, but yes it is about to be weather compensated. It uses its internal software linked to an OpenTherm controller that takes data (I presume) at room level to monitor the heating system. It them sends the heat into the bottom of a thermals store where the system pumps send it off to where it is needed.

Totally over the top, but has been a very interesting project and learning experience. Certainly on of the more fulfilling in my 13 years of working in the industry.

Intergas' WC is beautifully simple, and Atags can be with 15 minutes of reading the instructions. Also the Brain controller is not the most user friendly.

Now if you have finished patronising/eulogising/looking down your nose at other products, and perhaps listen to other's opinions then you might get less "sarcasm" thrown at you.

Yes Veissmann's control options are good, but they are not THE word.

I'll try but it's hard as I'm a heating snob. Your system sounds very interesting. I hope in the future we can have fruitful and civilised discussion about many things including your system. Merry xmas. Andrew.

By all means - pop into the combustion chamber where you will find a wealth of experience that blows both of us out of the water.

My system is pictured in my albums.

Along with some Atag installs that certainly are not rough.

Here is a little taster though:

atags options for weather compensation are the most versatile available of any manufacturer in the UK. You should take a look if thats what floats your boat. For ease of use/installation, plug and play kit, Glowworm takes alot of beating, especially with RF modulating stat and RF outside sensor, installation and setup is literally a 15min job and it works incredibly well. The systempro kit allows you to multi-zone with the same setup.
Here's a couple of GW climapro2 RFs and the outside sensor all installed just need to be hung on the wall (linked to systempro)
As Dan is trying to point out its worth having a look around. I install different products for different needs, budgets, requirements. I don't believe one manufacturer provides me with everything my varied client base requires.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back