Combi boiler upgrade advice

Sponsored Links
Still have're found any source I would deem credible enough to persuade me to discharge nitric acid into a cast iron stack. Only reports about the corrosive effect of condense. Also never had a job where I needed to discharge into a cast stack. Couldn't find anything on gas safe site. Found a thread on diy not recommending not to. Could suit someanufacturers to pretend that's it's ok to help sell boilers. That's called marketing.

So the gas safe technical bulletin was a bit too technical for you then?

So the email from Atmos saying its ok in some situations is marketing? Fair enough (shall I bring up Viessmann's rather ambitious claim on weather comp efficiency?). But, the same thing that I AND the gas safe technical bulletin AND the gas safe chap called Steve I spoke to are being blissfully ignored by your good self? Well....

And to my posed scenario where the WHOLE block of mansion apartments is done in cast is something you have not come across in the 7 no, 8 years it had been next to compulsory to fit steamers?

You sir are full of it.

In the years I worked for viessmann I never came across any boiler discharging into a cast stack. Slappers of other incorrect scenarios though.
Viessmann use marketing like every other company.
Couldn't find the technical bulletin.
Seems the gas safe technical boys can't agree either.
The only one hurling abuse and referencing bad language in this exchange is you. Raise the tone and stop lowering yourself to the gutter. I'm only searching for further technical enlightment. If you can help me I will be grateful. Your aggressive stance is not helpful. However your technical knowledge may be. We do not have to agree but I don't know you and don't hate you. Xxx merry xmas.

Sponsored Links
I put the link for the technical bulletin in my post; but you need to log into view it. For your reference, as it seems to hard for you. It is TB082

Here is a cut and paste for the voicemail from gas safe:

Message: Hi Dan this is Steve again from Gas Safe. I'm not sure what interrupted there I don't know if it was an incoming call for yourself, that interrupted us. But just to repeat it's technical bulletin 082 and yes it's possible to connect into a cast waste. Any problems give us a call back, cheers.

Here is the original message; sadly you need to download it to listen, but I am sure you can manage.

For the record, I don't hate you either, and merry Xmas... but, I do not feel the need to pretend otherwise that I am a firm believer in calling it how it is. I know, and have the documents to prove I am right. Yet you continue to doubt that fact.

I know it is not an ideal procedure; I never said anything to the contrary. However, there are thousands upon thousands of properties that will have no option but to run the condensate into cast; I simply don't believe that as an installer you have not come across one. If you haven't then it shows a lack of experience that makes your dogged arguing somewhat baffling.

Technical Bulletin 082

Guidance

Connection to a cast-iron household waste system
Before connecting to a cast-iron householdwaste system,it is important to ensure that the entirety of the system will not be affected by the acidic nature of the condensate produced by the appliance such as copper connections or a copper sweep at the base of the waste system.This is more likely to occur in systemsserving multiple dwellings as may be found in blocks of flats.

Any parts of a discharge connection into a cast-iron household waste system should not be above the highest point of any waste discharge or into any branch not used for waste water disposal(e.g a redundant branch where original sanitary appliances have been disconnected);otherwise dilution of condensate will not occur.

Dan, you misunderstand. When I say viessmann use marketing I mean they lie too. You seem to be fixated on attacking me. I've got you down as the school bully when you were at school. Are you that really tall guy who thinks he the worlds best heating engineer?

Merry Christmas easy as 123 :cool:

My new year revolution is fit less Viessmann, Vaillant, Baxi, and Worcester Bosch. :LOL:

i put a condense into ....

lead/copper/cast stack, I don't remember. but I used one of those boiler mate things, that neutralises the acid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back