Combination v. Condensing

Thanks Dan,
I was wondering about cold winter days.
How is the heating effected when you are running a bath and the washing machine is running?
The joy of forums is that nobody seems to agree totally about any product.
I have done the rounds with Plasma TVs : DVD's : Cameras:
Cars etc and I end up being not much wiser.

Henry.

Ken Bates is as resilient as Rasputin!!

Dan_Robinson said:
It depends on how much hot water you use. I would suggest a high flow combi would be adequate, but run a search of the forums - this is one of the most heavily debated topics.

Sponsored Links
At worst the boiler will be doing hot water for 15 minutes - or the duration of a shower.

The Atmos Multi can do both but its a big barsteward.

The chances of that actually affecting the heating is minimal as the rads will stay warm or a good while.

Don't by Plasma, get LCD,

DVD's - no point. Buy a LCD and get a cheap laptop top and connect them using the VGA lead.

Camera? Dunno mate...

Cars - I drive a van - the missus has a 2 litre Turbo Peugot 206. We have great fun embarrasing the local chavs as they look at it thinking it is a granny car.... :LOL:

Henryv said:
Thanks Dan,
I was wondering about cold winter days.
How is the heating effected when you are running a bath and the washing machine is running?

The bath is not on long enough to affect the heating being off for the duration. Combis are powerful and they will re-heat the rads pronto after running a bath.

Floor mounted combis:
W-B Highflow 440
Vokera
Viessmann 333
ACV Heatmaster
Potteton Powermax
Gledhill Gulfstream
etc

Wall mounted:
Alpha cd50
Glow Worms
Atmos Multi
etc

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back