Commissioning a Texecom Elite 24 system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am commissioning a Texecom Elite 24 system.
This is my very first installation. It has 22 zones using FSL wiring. It has 2 external keyboards.
Also an 8XP External expander and an 8XE internal expander is included.

I am using Wintex software to analyse and configure the system.
Wintex shows that all the zones are healthy and functioning correctly, showing the correct resistance values for a resting state of 2.2K approximately. The two unused zones are set as Unused.
The problem I have is this.
In the Wintex diagnostics (Expander Status section) the 8XE expander shows that it is off line (Not fitted) , Zero volts. Expander Network Errors 0. Expander Box Tamper Open .
Inspite of this all the zones connected to the 8XE are shown to be operating correctly. I have replaced the 8XE with another one however the problem remains
The 8XP expander shows all correct and working and if relevant is set to address 2.
I have absolutely no experience in fitting alarm panels and am at a loss to figure if the Wintex software has a glitch and incorrectly shows off line or if I should look for another reason the 8XE is showing offline.
Has anyone any experience of this please your help and advice would be very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Do the zones work correctly ? If so don't worry probably a bug in wintex, it won't be the first time !

The zones all show up as working OK in the Wintex diagnostics but I have not walk tested yet as I would like to see it as all OK before doing that.
Are You saying that Wintex software has a reputation for problems then? I was hoping to hear from someone with the same problem which would put my mind at rest.

The 8xe doesnt show as an expander if i recall correctly its considered an extension of the panel it doesnt have an address like an 8 xp would.

cant recall how thepanel in zone setup shows the 8xe zones as given what i have said i would expect panel zone 1 to 16, 17 onwards would show as exp 2, zone 1 sort of thing.

its a bit confusing if you put an 8xp on the system you would address it as 2 as zones 9 to 16 come from the 8xe but you would only see the expander 2 attached to the panel which covered 17 to 24.

If you used 2 8xps instead of an 8xe and an 8xp you would have exoanders 1 and 2.

Sponsored Links
That is a big help to me secureiam, your knowledge is just what I was hoping to find and is appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back